AB7 Industries is strategically oriented towards Research and Development (R&D), the engine and the key competitive advantage of the company.
The R&D group is a multidisciplinary team with chemists, biologists, pharmacists, veterinarians, molding engineers and entomologists.
This core team receive the help from young high level scientists in training at AB7 to apply the knowledge learned in engineering schools or research university laboratories, development partners of AB7 Industries.
As a matter of fact, AB7 Industries is a pioneer in terms of collaboration between fundamental research and industrial research. Over the years, AB7 has strengthened close links with worldclass research laboratories in the region of Toulouse on projects which became successful industrial projects.
AB7 Industries has received numerous distinctions concerning Innovation.
The leading development theme is around the technology of "active polymers", which are natural based or synthetic based plastic material containing an active ingredient that can be constantly released over a period of time varying from hours to several months depending on the formulation and depending on the applications.
Applications are very wide and diverse: pharmacy, veterinarian medecine, cosmetics and well being industry, pest control, etc...
AB7 Industries is running research programs for its own development programs but also for independent industrial laboratories under research contracts.
We are also working for several years on sustainable environmentally friendly projects using vegetal based ingredients to produce for instance green polymers and green insecticides.
The laboratory is equipped with very sophisticated analytical equipment, with pilot units allowing an effective ramp-up of certain formulations as well as the manufacturing of samples, and with test equipment and temperature controlled chambers necessary for efficacy and stability studies.
To summarize, AB7 different laboratories are able to provide solutions for innovative research projects at each step of their development process: design, formulation, pilot runs, efficacy studies, stability studies, manufacturing and quality control.
Our different laboratories are:
- Formulation laboratory: development of household products (Ecogene®, Oxebo®, ... product lines). This laboratory also includes HPLC and CPG equipment for the necessary analytical studies of the research project.
- Veterinarian laboratory: numerous veterinarian products are developped every year for AB7 product lines (Pilou®, Alzoo®, Equi'7®) or for partners.
- Cosmetic laboratory: the last laboratory of AB7 Industries
- Application laboratory: at the heart of the technology of associating active ingredients inside polymers, this laboratory tunes the products from their formulation up to the shaping of the finished product.
- Entomology laboratory: numerous products to fight against parasites are developped by AB7: repellent collars, anti-moth devices, anti-cockroach garbage bags, etc... Products are tested by professionals and compared to competition.
- Quality Control laboratory: Dedicated area for the control of pharmaceutical products for human health and veterinarian applications.